Delay pedals for electric guitars let you create a signature sound without the use of complicated machinery. Taking cues from classic sounds to produce vintage effects, the pedals allow you to control the amount and length of delays, regeneration speeds and the overall mix between wet and dry signals. At LAWK STAR Guitars, you’ll find delay pedals by: Catalinbread, Earthquaker Devices, MXR, Pigtronix, Seymour Duncan, T-Rex Pedals, Tech 21, Tortuga Effects, Way Huge and Boss.
Digital versus Analog Delay Pedals
Delay pedals repeat original sound waves, allowing a single musician to become a one-person band. The pedals can have a digital or have an analog setup. In general, analog pedals let you focus on one or two delay types. Digital pedals offer multiple delay types, eliminating the need to purchase several pedals or different types of gear. While one type of pedal isn’t better than the other, you should base the kind you purchase your musical abilities, the amount of flexibility you seek and the types of sound you wish to produce.
Delay Pedal Settings
Delay pedals have three basic settings:
- Time: The length of time between the original sound and its echo
- Level: The volume of the echoes
- Feedback: The length of time the sound lasts
More advanced models have additional settings. Features of interest include:
- Tap tempo: Set a delay to match the tempo of your music.
- Pan settings: Choose between the right or left channel for the delay sound.
- Multiple delay types: Digital delays have a handful of advanced delay types, such as tube, space, tape, reverse, ping-pong, slap, lo-fi and modulated effects.
- Saved presets: Save preset delay settings so you can switch between them instantly; based on the song you are playing.
Whether you’re serious about showcasing your talent or want to have some fun with your guitar, a delay pedal is a must-have. At LAWK STAR, our selection of pedals are sure to bring add dimensions to your tone.