As one of the unsung heroes of effects pedals, equalization pedals shape your guitar’s tone before it exits a speakers. The controls on the pedal allow you craft a signature tone without needing to alter the pickups on your guitar thanks to linear filters that boost or cut the frequencies of your choice. LAWK STAR Guitars has a selection of equalization pedals by Boss, Earthquaker Devices and MXR.
Benefits of Equalization Effects Pedals
- Correct sound-related issues created by a room’s acoustic qualities and frequency response
- Change a recording studio’s sound quality
- Flatten frequency responses during a live event
- Eliminate feedback without sacrificing gain
- Increase a mix’s depth to make instruments seem closer to or farther away from the listener
- Balance two instruments that would otherwise compete in a track
- Save your instruments, gear and hearing from unnecessary damage by setting a frequency limit, so your guitar doesn’t register certain sounds
- Balance, cut or boost tones produced by other effects pedals
A good equalization effects pedal hides your equipment’s flaws and cleans up muddiness to showcase your personal sound. When you get a new equalization pedal, start with your guitar’s original tone and make small adjustments to shape and color the sound. Don’t be afraid to experiment. For advice about finding the right equalization pedal for your needs, the music gurus at LAWK STAR are always happy to help.