Every serious guitar player has a capo (pronounced kay-poh). The tool shortens the length of an acoustic or electric guitar’s fretboard by raising the key, allowing you to explore with new sounds. At LAWK STAR, we offer a variety of Planet Waves capos.
Guitar Capo Types
The best capo type depends on the type of guitar and the amount of pressure that you want to apply to the strings. Popular types include:
- Strap-on capo: Wraps around a guitar’s neck and lock into place. They’re made of fabric or elastic, and are good for differently sized guitars.
- Trigger-style capo: Two padded bars that brace the neck and barre the strings.
- Subb capo: Looks similar to a trigger-style capo, but has a locking mechanism so you can adjust its tightness.
- Cut capo: The capo presses down on specific strings.
- Classical guitar capo: Classical guitars use special capos because they require a different barring method.
Capos are one of the basic, most essential tools for any guitar player. For help with finding the right one, tell the experts at LAWK STAR about your playing style and the guitar’s neck and fretboard. We’ll help you achieve new musical heights.