Rotary Speaker Simulators
Rotary speaker simulators allow you to produce a Doppler effect-like sound with a device that fits on your pedal board so you can achieve the tremolo and pitch variations you seek. A simulator is an effects pedal that mimics the sound that Don Leslie originally produced to spread the sound created by a pipe organ. At LAWK STAR Guitars, you can reproduce this classic effect thanks to companies like Pigtronix, Tech 21 and Dunlop.
Why Not Use an Actual Rotary Speaker?
You can find rotary speakers for guitars on the market. One may work well if you:
- Have enough space for one in your home or practice space
- Don’t plan on transporting it often
- Don’t mind switching between a rotary speaker and an amp
- Have a microphone setup for it when you use it in a show
- Can provide the maintenance and upkeep it needs
A rotary speaker simulator pedal lets you reproduce the same frequency and amplitude sound in a device that’s simple to setup, connect to your guitar and transport.
What to Look for in a Rotary Speaker Simulator
- Master effects volume or a wet/dry mix so the effect isn’t too dominating
- Speed control so you can adjust the complexity of the sound, like you could with an actual rotary speaker
- The ability to combine horn and drum configurations, if applicable
A rotary speaker simulator gives your sound a complex mix of pitch shifting, tremolo and ambience. The National Association of Music Merchants named LAWK STAR as one of the top online music retailers. We offer a mainstream selection of effects pedals that will perfectly complement your playing.