When you want to create soulful resonating sound, a guitar slide is a must. Also called a bottleneck, players often use guitar slides for blues and rock music, but a variety of genres use it to add character to songs. At LAWK STAR, we offer guitar slides by Planet Waves.
Guitar Slide Buying Guide
- Finger choice: Most acoustic players buy slides for their fifth finger. If you aren’t concerned with playing chords, wear it on your fourth finger to rip a slide from either side of the fretboard.
- Size: A slide should fit well over the first two joints of your preferred finger, and be long enough to reach across all the strings on your guitar.
- Heaviness: In general, heavier slides produce better tones because they have a higher note-to-buzz ratio.
- Thicker glass: Produces a round, smooth sound
- Metal: Tends to sound raspier, especially on lower wound strings
- Porcelain or ceramic: Offer the best of glass and metal slides, producing tones that are smooth and sustained
Finding the right guitar slide may take some trial and error. If you have a question about the slides that we sell or have a special request, don’t hesitate to let the staff at LAWK STAR know.
Available to Order