As a musician, your ability to hear is your greatest asset. It only takes 90 decibels of noise, like the kind that comes from a hair dryer, to damage your hearing permanently. At LAWK STAR Guitars, the ear protection products that we offer stay in place, reduce loud noises without sounding muffled, and allow you hear quieter noises well.
Hearing Loss Facts
- Over 50 percent of those who experience hearing loss are under the age of 65.
- Hearing loss can occur in as little as 15 minutes when you’re exposed to loud sounds (e.g., a baby’s cry) or almost instantly when the sound is loud enough (e.g., an airplane taking off).
- Noises that are 85 decibels (e.g., vacuum cleaners) or higher put you at risk for hearing loss.
- Speakers at concerts expose you to about 120 decibels, a level that damages your hearing after 7 minutes.
- Use ear plugs, not loud music, to drown out annoying sounds.
- Listen to music at volume levels that are no louder than an alarm clock or busy traffic.
- Use hearing protection while practicing with your band, playing a gig and at concerts.
- Use a practice amp or headphones to hear yourself play as you practice.
How to Protect Your Hearing
Ears are wonderful and sensitive. Use hearing protection to extend the amount of time that you enjoy music throughout your life. For help with reducing noise levels or ear protection solutions, never hesitate to contact LAWK STAR.